Wednesday 7 March 2012

Stop



feck-dammit

I’m on the move again, but the weirdest damn thing just happened. We were cruising along, open countryside, when the goddamn train just stops. And this isn’t some slow descent to a calm trundle, I mean it just snaps, bam, to a halt. Threw me down, took an awful knock to the head in the process. (In an old boxcar again). I get scared, so after I regained my wits I slid the door open a crack to see if maybe the engine had derailed, or if we’d hit something on the tracks.

Nope. None of that, the engine was just sitting there, still very much on the tracks. No crew, no police, no bulls in pickups riding alongside the train. Not a single soul, til I see this shabby guy walking away from another boxcar a few down from me. Looks like we had another hitchhiker on board! Woulda loved the meet him, it’s always good to have company on these trips (I didn't call out to him though, 'cos you do meet the occasional hostile ‘hiker).

We're on the move again, I didn't catch how the guy looked, we were a good few cars away from each other. Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment